WE'RE HIRING! Technical Audio Visual Support
Technical Audio Visual Support
The Technical Audio Visual Support role is responsible for adding value to product distribution provided by POLAR by providing comprehensive technical support to POLAR’s customer base. The role will include project design, specifying products, commissioning, programming, support calls and testing. Due to the wide and varied range of products POLAR supply, and the broad spectrum of its customer base, the role provides a varied daily involvement that consists of acoustic design, digital networking, and AV/IT system design.
By building relationships and rapport with our customer base, the successful applicant will ensure the added service provided by POLAR is the best it can be and that POLAR are the customer’s go-to supplier when they have a new project or sales opportunity.
This is an entry level graduate opportunity to work at a friendly and established company within the industry. You will be working with professional level Audio, Video & Networking manufacturers and brands on a daily basis within the Touring, AV, and MI market sectors and will need to have the knowledge and skill set to support them. Training will be provided at the onset to bring you up to speed with our product portfolio. However, a fundamental and demonstrable understanding of audio and/or video technologies is a requirement. You will be working within a small and close-knit team of individuals within the technical support department, but will also liaise with adjacent teams (such as the internal and external sales team) daily.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Technical support calls, emails and site visits
- Technical support for POLAR staff (both internal and external staff)
- Pre-sales technical advice
- System design and approval
- Production of technical documentation
- Providing on-site commissioning
- Testing returned products
- Keeping up with current technology
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A comprehensive, strong and demonstrable understanding of audio systems (Live, Studio, Corporate, Conference or similar area of application).
- Education to degree level in audio technology, audio engineering or similar technical audio discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An affinity for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Self-motivated to learn and understand new emerging technologies.
- To work well under pressure, whilst maintaining integrity, quality and professionalism.
- Understanding of Microsoft office, especially Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to effectively communicate specific technical information to customers of varying technical abilities.
- Strong troubleshooting capability.
- Strong general IT skills.
Desirable (Not Essential)
- An understanding of, or exposure to, general networking technologies and protocols, and how these are employed in the AV industry.
- An understanding of Audio/Video networking protocols (AVB, Dante, Cobranet, AES67, H.264 etc).
- Exposure to, or experience with, networked/non-networked video distribution and relevant technical considerations associated with it (HDMI, HDBaseT, EDID, HDCP etc).
- Previous examples of experience within professional Audio or AV applications.
This is a permanent position, and based in our office in Burgess Hill, West Sussex offering a competitive salary to the right applicant.
If you think you are a good fit for this exciting opportunity, are motivated to succeed and keen to expand your knowledge and experience, please make send your CV to [email protected]