RadialWorkhorse JDV-Pre 500 Instrument Preamp
Be the first to write a review!
The JDV-Pre utilises a class-A amplifier for optimal signal transfer. But unlike all other amplifier designs, the JDV-Pre's front end is completely void of the negative feedback loops normally used to stabilize the circuit. This revolutionary design eliminates the use of phase-cancellation which inevitably degrades the signal. This is augmented with Drag Control™ load correction that allows the engineer to optimise the load on the instrument pickup for the most natural rendering. A fully variable high-pass filter provides additional advantages for acoustic instruments by gently rolling off the low end to eliminate troublesome body resonance while allowing each instrument to sit more comfortably in the mix.
- Audio circuit type100% discrete, class-A input
- Frequency response20Hz ~ 20KHz +0/-4dB
- Dynamic range>93dB
- Total harmonic distortion<0.05% @ +4dB
- Intermodulation Distortion<1% @ +4dB
- Input Impedance3.9 megΩ ( 1/4" Input, Drag off); 22k ~ 500kΩ (1/4" input with Drag); 7kΩ (XLR input); 50 ~ 2.7kΩ (XLR input with Drag)
- Equivalent Input Noise-90dBu
- Phantom Power, OmniPort
- ExtrasHigh pass filter variable from 5Hz to 2kHz; 48V, 10mA phantom power
- Construction14-gauge steel
- Size (L x W x D)9 x 6.5 x 2"
- Weight1.5lbs (0.7Kg)
- ConditionsFor use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Shop With POLAR
Secure (SSL encrypted) payments with MasterCard, Visa, American Express and PayPal.
Standard 2-3 Day, Next Day and Saturday delivery options available.
As the exclusive UK distributor to some of the world’s top brands, you can trust that our products are authentic and direct from the manufacturer.