RadialWorkhorse 500 Series PreComp Microphone Preamplifier and Compressor
Be the first to write a review!
Low Stock - Item in Stock
The PreComp performs the functions of both a microphone preamp and a compressor. The preamp stage can deliver in excess of 60dB to handle all types of microphones, and comes equipped with Radial's unique AccuState gain control to maximize signal-to-noise at all levels. A full-feature VCA compressor follows with adjustable threshold, compression ratio and gain make-up controls. The advanced compression algorithm reads the program material and automatically transitions from soft-knee to hard knee as the signal rises above the threshold, with A simple slow-fast switch that makes it easy to optimise the PreComp for either vocals or percussion.
• Combination preamp and compressor
• AccuState gain control for low noise operation
• Full-function compressor for dynamic control
• Each processor may be accessed separately
- Audio circuit typeAccustate input with true variable gain front end.
- Frequency response20Hz ~ 20kHz (-1.5dB @ 20Hz)
- Dynamic range112dB
- Total harmonic distortion<0.003%
- Intermodulation Distortion0.03%
- Input Impedance3.3kOhms
- Output Impedance300 Ohms
- Equivalent Input Noise-120dBu
- Noise-85dB @ +40dB of gain
- Maximum Input+24dBu
- 180° polarity reverse, HPF, Phantom Power, OmniPort
- ExtrasUp to +25dB make up gain
- Size (L x W x D)9" x 6.25" x 2" (228 x 159 x 51mm)
- Weight1.5lbs (0.7Kg)
- ConditionsFor use in dry locations only between 5°C and 40°C
Shop With POLAR
Secure (SSL encrypted) payments with MasterCard, Visa, American Express and PayPal.
Standard 2-3 Day, Next Day and Saturday delivery options available.
As the exclusive UK distributor to some of the world’s top brands, you can trust that our products are authentic and direct from the manufacturer.