PrimacousticThunderTile with Reveal edge - White (24" x24") T-Bar Acoustic Panel
Be the first to write a review!
Low Stock - Item in Stock
24" x 24"
Pack of 8
The Primacoustic ThunderTile™ is a unique acoustic T-bar ceiling tile that combines the remarkable absorption characteristics of high-density glass wool with the sound-blocking attributes of gypsum board. Once installed, ThunderTiles provide effective control of the reverberant field while eliminating bothersome primary reflections that make communication difficult.
The design begins with a pure white finish on top of an acoustically transparent micromesh tissue that fully encapsulates the panel. This is bonded to a ¾” (20mm) layer of 6lb per cubic foot (96 kg/m³) high-density glass wool. Sound waves pass through the tissue into the wool causing the minute glass fibers to vibrate, absorbing sound energy. The acoustic panel is then laminated to a ½” (13mm) layer of heavy gypsum board. This adds the extra ‘sound-blocking’ mass that stops from sound traveling between adjacent rooms through the air space ‘plenum’ above the panels.
Designed to retrofit into existing T-Bar systems, ThunderTiles are available in both square 24″ x 24″ (60cm x 60cm) and rectangular 24″ x 48″ (60cm x 120cm) panel sizes. Choose between a space saving ‘trim’ edge treatment (in the 24 x 24 and 24 x 48 size panel) for flush-mounting, or the ‘reveal’ edge (in the 24 x 24 size panel) that drops down below the T-Bar to produce an architecturally sculpted appearance. Panels are finished in Absolute White™ for optimum reflectance and may also be painted to suit. Cutting out panels for light fixtures, ventilation and ceiling speakers follows the same cut and position process used with regular ceiling tiles. But unlike low-cost mineral wool tiles, ThunderTiles will not sag due to moisture. This makes them particularly well suited for use in regions with fluctuating temperatures and humidity levels.
The ThunderTile has been fully tested to meet the stringent ASTM-E84 fire and smoke development requirements for Class-A/1 designation and safe use anywhere. ThunderTiles combine a highly absorptive acoustic panel with the sound blocking attributes of gypsum making them the perfect solution for conference rooms, music rooms, home theatres, call centres, doctor’s offices, and restaurants… in fact any room where echo from hard surfaces can reduce intelligibility and noise abatement is required.
- MaterialHigh-density glass wool (6 lbs/pcf)
- FacingFiberglass tissue painted with water based latex paint
- ColourAbsolute white paintable finish
- InstallationExposed T-Bar grid, ¾” (15 ~ 24mm)
- Fire-ResistantClass-1/A: ASTM E84, CANULS102 (US and Canada) Non-combustible according to GB9624-1997
- Thermal-ResistantGreater than 0.5 (m2.k/w)
- HumidityStable with up to 95% RH @ 120ºF (40°C)
- Stability at 95% RHNo sagging, warping or delaminating
- Moisture RateLess than 1% (JC/T670-2005)
- Enviromental ImpactTiles and packing are fully recyclable
- SafetyLimit of radionuclides in building materials specific activity of 226Ra: Ira <1.0 specific activity of 226Ra, 232Th, 40K: Ir <1.3
Shop With POLAR
Secure (SSL encrypted) payments with MasterCard, Visa, American Express and PayPal.
Standard 2-3 Day, Next Day and Saturday delivery options available.